We Exist to Make Disciples of Jesus
- The gospel of Jesus is our only message: We affirm Jesus as our messiah and king and the fact of His death, burial, and resurrection. All who respond to salvation are freely saved and called to discipleship, no exceptions, no excuses. (Mark 8:34-38, 1 Cor. 15:1-8)
- We believe Jesus is the only model for life and ministry: As such, the model demands that we imitate the priorities and pattern of Jesus' life. (John 14:12)
- We believe love has to be the driving motive: It is interesting that the Great commandment preceded the Great Commission. Jesus knew that making disciples requires a loving and caring relationship - without it there is no passion for the great commission and discipleship will fail.
- We believe the Holy Spirit's power is the means to overcome the limitations of our flesh: If Jesus depended on the Holy Spirit, why would we do any less?
- We believe the local church is the primary environment for disciple making. The church is for discipleship, and disciples manifest the kingdom of God to the world (Col. 1:28–29). When the church reverses this process and primarily attempts to get the world to go to church instead of the church going to the world, you get chaos.
This is Discipleship